Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Overdue update

Hey all!

Well, I know it's been a while since I've posted, but life's been a little crazy lately. Looks like I've got a few minutes for a brief post, though, so here goes! Kendra is still in the hospital and has kindof hit a plateau. She gained less than an ounce all last week and can't seem to figure out bottle feeding. Also, her colostomy has prolapsed again, which means she will require another surgery before coming home. So far, they haven't scheduled it yet since she may also require a direct feeding tube into her stomach if she can't learn how to bottle-feed, and they would do both surgeries at once. It's a little discouraging, since we had so hoped to have her home for Christmas, and that really is looking less and less like a reality. But prayer is a powerful weapon, and I know many of you are fighting on our behalf. Keep it up!!


Collin is doing great, though he has become a bit of a fussy boy like his brothers were. Still not sleeping great at night, but at least he's healthy!! He has his two-month appointment on the 21st, when we'll find out just how much he's weighing these days and get his first round of shots - yuck. I love the time I get to bond with him at home, but feel so torn knowing that Kendra is not getting that same time and attention from me. Some days, I can hardly bear to put her down when it's time to go home.


Filip is working on getting a photography/filming business up and running. He has been toying with the hobby for some time, and would love to have it be his job as well, so if you know anyone needing family pictures, wedding video, or anything along those lines, let us know!! Well, time's up and that's all I've got. I leave you with these pictures of our sweeties.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Liz, I had been wondering! Sorry to hear Kendra has hit a rough spot, but I will pray that she makes some more progress soon! The pictures are so cute! Collin looks like his hair is turning a bit red! And he looks so much like your other two boys! We will pray that Filip can get more photography business as well!

    Blessings to you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete