Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wish I were stronger

I've never been athletic. Not even coordinated, really. I've been known to actually run into walls, as if I've forgotten where I placed my limbs or just how much clearance there is around, say, my head. But where I can really feel out of control sometimes is with my emotions, those traitorous things. In that department, I seem to have run into a different sort of wall today. See, I knew going into today's appointment that I couldn't allow those false expectations to rule. And I knew that regardless of the news, my Everlasting God is still in perfect control.
Yet, after hearing disappointing news yet again (further growth delays, blood flow problems, etc), I feel beaten down and discouraged. Because even though the doctor can say I should be prepared for a range of outcomes, including that little Kendra may not make it, I can't bring myself to "prepare" for such a thing. How does one do that? How do you steel your emotions and prepare for such a loss, and who would do such a thing when all every mama-to-be dreams of is holding their precious ones in their arms and playing with them and watching them grow? How do you nod and respond and take it all in as if your heart isn't crumbling?
So I'm at this wall, and I know there's a way around it, but I keep hitting my head - or is it my heart - on something every time I try to move ahead. I want to be confident and cheerful and strong, but I'm finding I am oh so weak. I know in my head that God is bigger than all of this. I just wish I could convince the rest of me. Lord, be my strength and my song. Thank you for loving me in all my weakness.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Liz. And those words sound trivial even in my own head.

    We are continuing to pray, knowing that God has a special plan for Kendra even if we don't what that looks like yet. ...we're also praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs my dear friend.... I wish that I had the words to take away your pain or even a hug that would make it all go away...The best place you could ever be is right where you are in the arms of Jesus.

    Love you, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you didn't get good news again. ((Hugs)) my heart is hurting with you and I am praying for God to work a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet dear Liz...it made me cry to read this and it will remind me to pray more for your sweet little girl that she might be a miracle to those doctors and to all who know her. You are right that it is so hard to "prepare" for something like that! There is always hope with God as you know. I will pray for your strength of spirit and that God would give you a peace about the situation regardless of what the doctor's say or don't say about her condition. No matter what your sweet little one is in His hands at all times! I will pray that you will feel His presence holding you up too!

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz and Filip, your hearts and the lives of your sweet little girls are in our prayers... Carl & Carly

    ReplyDelete