Monday, September 28, 2009

Deja vu

It seems my body can't make up its mind about these babies! Saturday evening my contractions started coming hard again. For the past week or so, my motto has been to ignore the contractions until it became impossible to do so, since I've still been getting quite a few of them. Well, these I couldn't ignore at 2 minutes apart and pretty painful. Reluctantly, I went in to the hospital, not knowing if they would just stop on their own on the way there, assuming I'd be readmitted regardless, and not wanting to leave my family again unless absolutely necessary.

Well, they didn't stop for quite a while, and sure enough, they readmitted me. We're back in that holding pattern from before. It's so hard to know in my situation if and when real labor may be starting and possibly putting the babies (or me) at risk. I know it's not real safe to just ignore my frequent contractions indefinitely, but so far, nothing has progressed yet - thanks in HUGE part to so many prayers, I know. So for now, here I stay, right next door to my old room from a few weeks ago. We are grateful for the additional weeks we've gotten, and praying for more and for God's continued protection on us all. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment