As many of you already know, Saturday evening I was given the go-ahead to go home for the duration of my bedrest. What an incredible and unexpected blessing! Though God met me and blessed me in beautiful ways during my stay in the hospital, I missed my family so much. It is, as you can imagine, absolutely wonderful to be back with them, even if it means lying on the couch almost all day.
They are trying me on a medication that in some studies has shown success in delaying labor, and we are hoping that with that and bedrest and continued prayer, we can get these babies to hold off on their arrival for a few more weeks. I reach 30 weeks this Wednesday, which is a good milestone, but 32 or more would be even better. We'll just try to take it one day at a time and be grateful for every one that we get - together as a family!!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praise the Lord. What an incredible answer to prayer. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteIt is nice that you have been able to be home! I delivered at 31 weeks and it was so unexpected since I had an appt. 2 days before I delivered where the ultrasound tech told me that I was doing great and had plenty of amniotic fluid, etc. At least through all the trouble you have had, you know how serious it is to stay put and perhaps that was God's gift to you to help them stay in longer! I wasn't "overdoing" it, but I certainly wasn't on the couch all day either, so I am hoping your meds with the inactivity will really help! ARe you just super huge now or what? I felt like I would explode by this stage myself. We will keep praying for the babes to stay in! Any word on your little girl of late? Thinking of her growth too!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Heather
So glad you got to go home!! Enjoy the change of scenery and your family. And don't you dare get up off that couch!;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you got to go home...I enjoyed my stop at your blog tonight. There are so many new and fun blogs that I am finding everyday. Hope you will stop by and see my new Christmas blog... http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThere is a GREAT giveaway going on now for a Great Ornament Giveaway on Oct 1....all you have to do is leave a comment.....I love finding new blogs and make new blog friends.