Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Twin update

After five hours at the hospital for appointments yesterday, I have a prayer update on the twins. Little Collin continues to do well. All his measurements, movements, etc look great. He's about 3 1/2 pounds now and healthy and strong!! Kendra has fallen further behind in development, however. She is now about 5 weeks behind her brother, measuring closer to 26 weeks instead of the 31 weeks that I have now officially reached. Her Dopplers (which measure blood flow in the umbilical cord, brain, and abdomen) are abnormal still, so they are adding extra tests to my twice weekly appointments to keep a closer eye on that. Certainly, we were hoping for more encouraging news, but I know God has not stopped caring for our little ones. He continues to hold them in the palm of His hand, forming and shaping them after His perfect design. And for Collin's and Kendra's sake, we're praying that this bedrest boredom stretches on many more weeks as they grow bigger and stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Liz. I called yesterday and Filip told me you were at the doctors, so I was wondering how it went. You were, and are, at the top of the choir prayer list every Wednesday. (And mine everyday!)

    ReplyDelete